The Hancock County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program provides an invaluable service speaking up for children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse or neglect. But sometimes these kids need more than a voice. Sometimes they need goods or services they can’t get anywhere else. They may need something to spark their educational or psychological growth and development. They may need special help to build the self-esteem and confidence so often lacking in children of these circumstances.
They may just need some hope!
The Dream Big! fund was created to meet this need.
Friends of Hancock County CASA, Inc. (FOC), support the Hancock County CASA program in its efforts to enrich the lives of abused and neglected children. The Dream Big! fund accomplishes this through raising, managing, and distributing funds to:
* Provide positive intervention for kids through educational assistance, goods, and other services which are not provided by any other source. This can include:
- Summer sports and educational camps and lessons (like horseback riding lessons)
- Dance, gymnastics, and music lessons
- Team sports fees and equipment
- Enrichment activities
- Day pass to an amusement park
- Birthday and holiday gifts
- Clothing not provided by DCS or other community sources (A prom dress is a good example.)
- Special educational items and resources
Here’s how it works:
Currently there are 100 children in Hancock County who have been removed from their homes, through no fault of their own, because of abuse or neglect. These children are served by a CASA. If a CASA sees a special need for a child they represent, they will have the opportunity to apply for support of this child through the Dream Big! program.
This would be such an amazing way to make dreams come true for Hancock County children who have been removed from their home because of abuse or neglect.
Friends of Hancock County CASA, Inc. sincerely appreciates your consideration of this application. Please help us make dreams come true!