Speak Up For A Child – Volunteer!
No special background is needed to become a CASA volunteer. CASA volunteers are ordinary people. They can be from all professions, cultures, ethnic and educational backgrounds. A CASA is committed to doing what is best for the child.
CASA volunteers are thoroughly trained by the agency in courtroom procedures, social services, the juvenile justice system, and the special needs of at-risk children. Volunteers learn how to advocate for the child. They investigate and evaluate the child’s situation. They monitor what’s going on, always thinking about what is best for the child.
CASA Volunteers Must:
– Be 21 years of age or older
– Have a minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent
– Successfully pass all criminal and child welfare background checks
– Provide personal and professional references
– Successfully complete an interview with CASA staff
– Complete 30 hours of pre-service training
– Complete pre-service court observation time